GPS coordinates: N 41.859686, E 23.412377
The Painted Church is located in the foothills of Northern Pirin, 7km southwest from Razlog. The archaeological site has two churches from different epochs built one in another - an early Christian basilica from V-VI century with monastery building; and a typical for the actual Bulgarian Middle-age triconchal church from XIII century. The Painted church is a cult object, where for about 1000 years sounded the message of Christianity.
Nearby (in a distance of 500 and 1000m) are the ruins of two other churches: The White Church and St. Nikola church.